To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul — Alfred Austin
Have a garden already or just need some tips and hints for getting started? Fresh Roots can help you get your bearings with advice and proven methods for organic gardening. Our process is to meet with you and discuss your goals then develop a plan that works for you.
- Suggestions on garden location and the best plants for gettings started
- Soil testing to ensure your garden has the best nutrients to support healthy plants
- Designs and tips for creating the best space for the type of garden and plants you wish to grow.
Finding the right location and garden design for your yard is important and we can help you get the best results by fitting your garden to your needs. Whether you are looking for a small herb garden or full on permaculture landscape we would love to help.
- Custom garden plans start at $100 and include location suggestions, plant selections best suited for your space, and a layout of plants within your garden.
Preparation and Clean Ups
Preparing the location and soil is the key to getting off to the right start. We offer soil testing and recommendations on soil amendments to get the highest quality base for your new or existing garden.
We also provide Spring and Fall clean ups, removing old plant debris and getting the garden ready to plant for the growing season or adding a cover crop for winter. Cover cropping is a great way to add extra nutrients into the soil and keep it aerated during that dormant time of the year.
See our Landscaping Services
Whether you are looking for a small herb garden, 4X8 raised bed, or all out edible landscape we are your answer. Using some of the above services to establish your goals and best design choices we can launch you into the amazing world of home food production!
- Raised bed gardens– popular for easy maintenance and containment this option allows you to have the benefits of home grown produce as well as an attractive setting in your yard. Choose the size and design that works for your needs and we can work with you to find the best plants to add.
- Herb Garden– a great place to start! This smaller option can be as small as a few pots or a table top design for easy harvesting close to the kitchen. There are a wide range of landscaping ideas, like herb spirals, that allow for a beautiful look with the practical practice of food production.
- Permaculture Gardenscapes– a sustainable practice where we select specific plants that work together in mini ecosystems. Using companion planting to match certain combinations of fruit, vegetable, and herb plants into a garden where you can get great crop yields with less maintenance. Designing food forests, hugelkultur mounds, rain gardens, native wildflower patches, butterfly gardens, and much more!
- See our Garden Packages
Once a garden is planted and established the fun and work really begin. With our maintenance packages you can have the beauty and benefits of a full garden with little to no work.
- Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly packages allow us to check on the plants and garden structures so you don’t have to worry about anything except what you are going to cook with the bountiful harvest.
- Need a vacation, but worried all your hard work in the garden will result in a plant graveyard!? No worries, we offer services to let you get away and relax while we watch your garden watering, trellising, pruning, and harvesting as needed.
Our services are offered to help you enjoy the amazing benefits and joys of a home garden while letting you keep your free time. Each job is unique and the prices vary based on the project. Contact us today for a free consultation!
For help with your garden, call 1-262-993-7897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org